No smilies, no avatars, no flashing gifs. Just discuss the issues of the day, from last night's telly via football to science or philosophy.
Started by hailesaladdie on Jan 13, 2019 9:37:20 PM
I've just eaten a lump of mouldy chocolate cake

Am I going to die?

Previous
|
Next
|
Top
|
Bottom
Verdigris - 13 Jan 2019 21:38:23 (#1 of 36)

What colour was the mould?

Delighted_User - 13 Jan 2019 21:46:48 (#2 of 36)

We're all going to die.

hailesaladdie - 13 Jan 2019 21:49:28 (#3 of 36)

The cake was dark brown throughout.

The mould became apparent only through taste.

Verdigris - 13 Jan 2019 21:52:57 (#4 of 36)

Generally speaking blue or white moulds won't do you any harm.

toffle - 13 Jan 2019 21:53:40 (#5 of 36)

You probably are going to die; most people do eventually.

(How was the cake, btw? Was your enjoyment of it significantly impaired?)

hailesaladdie - 13 Jan 2019 22:00:18 (#6 of 36)

Well, I thought it was a bit odd for the first few bites, then got worried it had booze in (which I can't have).

Then I tried a piece of the middle, which tasted like mould. So no, not a great amount of enjoyment. But the texture was good, and it was nicely chocolatey.

JohnIlly - 13 Jan 2019 22:02:52 (#7 of 36)

Are you famous? You could be picked for the Dead Pool.

cozzer - 13 Jan 2019 22:19:24 (#8 of 36)

I think if there have been no acute symptoms, you're probably OK. It might have increased your lifetime cancer risk by a small amount, but...

JohnIlly - 13 Jan 2019 22:20:23 (#9 of 36)

Eat some blue cheese and let the moulds fight it out.

hailesaladdie - 13 Jan 2019 22:32:50 (#10 of 36)

I once appeared in the Newcastle Evening Chronicle after painting a picture of Spot the Dog. Is that famous enough for you?

RosyLovelady - 23 Jan 2019 08:11:33 (#11 of 36)

You ok, Haile?

FleurDuMal - 23 Jan 2019 08:13:37 (#12 of 36)

Where did you get the cake? Did you buy it recently or had it been sitting around for some time?

virgil5 - 23 Jan 2019 08:31:45 (#13 of 36)

No reply.

Things not looking good.

Horrible way to go.

FleurDuMal - 23 Jan 2019 08:34:50 (#14 of 36)

Death by Chocolate.

wickeltisch - 23 Jan 2019 08:44:41 (#15 of 36)

I didn't know chocolate could go mouldy. It shows again what you can learn here.

wickeltisch - 23 Jan 2019 08:45:09 (#16 of 36)

Death by Chocolate.

He's not a dog, I hope.

RosyLovelady - 23 Jan 2019 08:47:31 (#17 of 36)

I reckon it was the chocolate that helped to preserve the remains of the cake until it ran out of preservative power.

Gotout - 23 Jan 2019 09:43:26 (#18 of 36)

It's surprising how much crap you can actually eat and still survive.

SinnerBoy - 23 Jan 2019 10:00:01 (#19 of 36)

wickeltisch -

I didn't know chocolate could go mouldy.

I think it was the cake which went mouldy.

HouseOfLametta - 23 Jan 2019 10:02:54 (#20 of 36)

Tha’s got to ate a peck o’ muck before tha dies. My mother used to say.

Never gave a timescale, though.

Previous
|
Next
|
Top
|
Bottom
Check Subscriptions
|
Home » Food and Drink