No smilies, no avatars, no flashing gifs. Just discuss the issues of the day, from last night's telly via football to science or philosophy.
Started by OldLefty on Oct 27, 2017 3:51:10 PM
Free money from HMRC (yes, really)

If you are married or in a civil partnership, one of you pays standard rate income tax and the other doesn't earn enough to, part of the lower paid person's marriage allowance can be transferred. This is worth £230 in the current tax year, and can be backdated to 2015, which brings the total to £662. This has not been well publicised, and take up has been very low. It doesn't matter whether you are retired or not.

More details here:

I thought it was too good to be true, but I gave it a go. It only took a few minutes to claim it (the lower paid person has to do it). A few days later, I got a letter raising my tax code, and a couple of weeks later a very nice cheque.

Claim here:

Nobody has posted on this thread yet
Check Subscriptions
Home » Money